Monday, August 04, 2008

Quo vadis?

Actually, I've been thinking a bit about what to do with this blog. So far, I've even kept it sort of semi-private by not linking from my work homepage to it, maybe because I didn't want to have to worry if it is official enough, or if it reflects my scientific interest well enough. Consequently (and maybe because I don't have anything interesting to say), almost nobody is reading my blog and even friends are sometimes surprised that I have a blog.

I've thought about what I could do to make my blog more relevant and also more interesting, you know, concentrate on a few topics to give people a better idea of what to expect, and maybe also to give them a reason to come back and actually follow the blog.

Maybe the most interesting revelation was that the topics I cover in my blog are quite different from my scientific work, which is often quite heavy on the theory, and less concerned with the things I apparently like to blog about: programming languages, nice tools, and the occasional insight into some technology twist.

So I guess I'll try to accept these different aspects of my interests, and refrain from attempts to streamline my web presence.

This may be somewhat unrelated, but I also chose to rename the blog from "Trunk of Heroes" (whatever that was supposed to mean) to "Marginally Interesting" which is such a nice long phrase which also conveys only little information. At least, now I can say funny things like "My blog is Marginally Interesting" :)

Anyhow, the semester is over which means that I'll have more time doing some research and - of course - learning some exciting new piece of technology.

No comments: